"Glück Auf!" - Welcome to the Salt Mines! Fascinating Salt Worlds
Feel the magic of bygone days and immerse yourself in a magical realm of glistening salt crystals, mystical salt lakes and mysterious mine tunnels, where history comes alive. Welcome to a fascinating subterranean adventure. Welcome to Salt Worlds!
Venerated as a "gift of the gods", traded like gold: This natural resource shaped the history of Austria in general, and the areas surrounding the city of Salzburg in particular. Cities such as Salzburg, Hallein and Hallstatt, as well as regions like the Salzkammergut owe their names, but also their prosperity, to salt. Even all the way back in Celtic times, it began playing an important role in the nature and culture of mankind, while in the Middle Ages it was the most important trading commodity there was. The significance of this historic mineral is also reflected in the fact that Salinen Austria AG boasts the longest uninterrupted corporate history in all of Europe. No wonder, then, that salt also became known as "white gold".
Historic Adventure: in all weather, for all ages
- Desigual Womens' Sport Capri Tight Paisley
- Fashion Focus Textured Cotton Cowl Neck Layered Top
- Guess GU2549, Geometric, acetate, women, BROWN PINK HAVANA(050 A), 53 16 135
- Jackie London Women's 5020 Waistrainer Beige
- Ladies sunglasses Ladies folding frog glasses Outdoor color sunglassesB
- Lilla P Womens VNeck Dolman
- MH Bailment Women's Russian Cossack Mink Fur Hat for Winter Behind The Fox Fur Ball Tail
- Natori Womens Bouquet Full Figure Uw
- Onue Collection Women's Angora Sweater Cardigan with Open Front and Pockets
- QDCACA Womens Modern Wool Blended Belt Overcoat Cape Double Breasted Pea Coat
- Rrive Women Pockets Open Front Faux Fur Hooded Trench Coat With Belt
Ali & Jay Womens Sleeveless Fit & Flare Ruffle Mini Dress Dress Party Elevated gdchnm2647-New clothing
Welcome to the Salt Mines – we look forward to seeing you here!
Experience a fascinating world deep below ground, a world in which the miners wrested "white gold" from the earth, one arduous meter after another. At the salt mines in Hallein, Hallstatt and Altaussee, you will immerse yourself in a world that appears both very alien, and yet so familiar, all at the same time.
Did you realize we also offer an online ticket? It's the easiest, most convenient way to buy your ticket for the salt mines. It will cut out unnecessary waits once you get here and guarantee admission at the exact time you have booked.